It is a book in digital format that is published for being read on desktop computers or portable electronic devices (iPad, iPhone, Amazon Kindle, Android tablet / phone etc.).
The reader of the digital book could be the same as the physical reader, but it is usually one who has stopped buying natural books because of the large space they occupy (eg on a tablet you can store hundreds of books and read them while traveling by transport means).
- Digital books have no physical volume and weight and therefore your entire library may be in one ebook reader.
- All of the author's books are concentrated in online stores, always availiable and choise of demo preview is provided.
- Publishing and distributing books globally is a quick and easy task.
- The acquisition of digital books requires just an internet connection and is done even directly via the e-book reader.
- Digital books can be read easily in places where there is little or no lighting, and device reading capabilities are usually provided for visually impaired people.
- Text search options, fast bookmark placement, mark or note insertion options are available, which can be undone, as opposed to physical books.
- A choice is provided for the reader to set the desired font and its size, to set the background color and dictionary usage.
- The book can be enriched with multimedia elements, ie sounds, images and videos, as well as with hyperlinks and animation.
- There is also the possibility of purchasing the physical book from affiliate bookstores or publishing house directly through the ebook.
- All sales data are electronically and automatically recorded by online bookstores and can be accessed at any time. Knowledge of the time and the amount of copies of the books sold is extremely accurate, and it is impossible to influence the sales figures.
- Finally, the price of an ebook is usually lower than that of a physical book by 20%.
The common world standard is the so-called epub and the books that use it are divided into 2 categories: reflowable and fixed-layout.
- A reflowable epub is designed so that its content can be adjusted smoothly on every screen and therefore always covers its full size. Thus, reflowable epubs do not have a fixed number of pages, since it differs depending on the device screen size and also the user adjusted text size. On devices with a smaller screen size, the same book needs more pages for its smooth appearance. In a reflowable epub, the user can also adjust font type and size, gap, margins, and generally all appearance style. Examples of such books are mostly narrative and literary books, novels, religious books, etc.
- In fixed-layout epubs the structure and appearance of the books is fixed and does not change depending on the screen size. So on smaller screens, the font and pictures of the book are scaled down to fit the size of the screen. Also the number of their pages is always specific, regardless of the reading device. In these ways, fixed-layout epubs resemble the well-known pdf format. The structure and appearance of a fixed-layout epub is usually suitable for magazines, catalogs, cooking books, children's books with pictures, comics, etc.
Although it may also be available in a printed version or constitute a digitization of an already printed book, the ebook does not necessarily require a corresponding printed book.
The copyright of the book belongs exclusively to the author, and the terms of sale are described in detail in the private agreement we subscribe before the book is published.
All the digital books we publish get ISBNs that are provided free of charge by our company.
Not absolutely. The book is delivered in any form it is possible (eg microsoft word) and our experienced staff takes care of its perfect construction from the beginning to the end. Throughout the creation of the book, your point of view is decisive for the final version of the book.
The largest online bookstores worldwide (Amazon Kindle, Apple iBookstore, Google Play Books, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Scribd, Overdrive, Playster, etc.) and more than 100 smaller ones. For the full list click here. In the future, more stores may be added. You can of course exclude any bookstores you would not like your books to be published at any time. It should be noted that the bookshops themselves retain the right to choose whether or not to publish the books they distribute.
From the moment the book is delivered in electronic form, it usually takes 5-10 business days if it is a reflowable epub (literary, narrative, religious books etc) and about 30 working days if it is a fixed-layout epub (catalogs, magazines, children's books, comics and general books with many multimedia elements).
After its creation and following the final approval of the author, the book is delivered to the electronic bookshops for publication. This process usually takes between 2 and 5 business days, and at the end the books are available for sale.
Of course! You may notify us for the updates or corrections you wish to take place and the books will be updated at online bookstores within 24-72 hours.
In addition to hosting books in larger and smaller online bookstores, there is also a posibillity of further promotions through Google AdWords, as well as targeted advertising campaigns with printed material.
The online Amazon, Kobo, Apple and Google online bookstores place their own book protection so that they can be read only on the devices of the user who bought them and by specific reader applications.
For all other bookstores, each author can choose between two locking methods:
- Adobe DRM (cost € 0.25 / book): Printing and copying part or all of the book is locked and the user who bought it is required to create an Adobe ID that is used to read the book in up to 6 different devices. In addition, it can be read only by specific (and scarce) reading apps that support this lock method.
- Watermark / Watermark (free): It is also known as soft DRM and is a passive protection method. The book contains the buyer's details on a watermark that is kept hidden on all pages of the book. So any illegal distribution of the book can be detected. A book locked in this way can be read on any device and application desired by the user who bought it.
- It is possible to read the book in real voice by real actors or by the author himself.
- We can also take care of the translation of the book into foreign languages at preferential prices.
- A possibility of creating cover and / or illustration of the book's interior is also provided.
After downloading the book from Apple iBookstore or another online bookstore, I use the built-in iOS (iBooks) application.
After downloading the book from Apple iBookstore or another online bookstore, I use the built-in MacOS (iBooks) application.
After downloading the book from Google Play Books or another online bookstore of my choice, I use my favorite reading app or the built-in Android Reader application (Play Books). Especially for reading fixed-layout epubs it is recommended to use the free Kobo Books application or alternatively the free Gitden Reader application.
After downloading the book from Amazon Bookstore, I use the built-in device reader. Note that books purchased from Amazon Bookstore can be read from other devices through the free apps provided by Amazon here.
After downloading the book from the online bookstore of my choice, I use the built-in Windows Edge Reader application. For reading fixed-layout epubs on PC it is suggested to use the free AZARDI application.